Casino Gaming Company Lawsuits
Have you recently been injured in a casino in Atlantic City, Las Vegas, Reno, Laughlin, California, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts or any other state in the country? If so, you may be entitled to benefits and financial compensation under that states personal injury laws. You may also qualify for workers’ compensation benefits if you were working at the time of your injury.
What to Do if You Have Been Injured in a Casino Accident
What you should do following a casino accident injury depends on whether you are a casino patron or employee. If you have been injured while in a casino, you should immediately take the following steps:
- Obtain medical help. Depending on the extent of your injury, you may need immediate medical assistance. Contact 9-1-1 to be transported to a nearby emergency hospital. If you do not need immediate medical attention, remain present at the scene of the accident. Once you perform the following steps, obtain medical treatment.
Do not forgo a complete medical evaluation. Even if you “feel fine,” go and have a full medical exam performed. This will help you obtain prompt treatment and provide you with documentation of the injuries you sustained from the accident.
- Obtain evidence of the accident. If possible, use your smartphone to record the location in which the injury occurred. Record the dangerous condition that caused your accident. For example, if your injury resulted from spilled liquid on the floor, record the substance or take pictures of it with your phone. Record any people who are in the nearby vicinity of the accident or who witnessed it occurring. Ask them for a recorded statement describing the event. If they refuse, try and obtain a written statement. In addition, obtain their contact information in the event you need to get ahold of them in the future.
Maintain a log of your injury and the different types of treatments you receive. Keep all receipts related to out-of-pocket expenses to treat your injury. Document your lost wages as well.
- Do not sign any documents from the casino without first consulting with an attorney. Casino staff may try and approach you and request that you sign documents. Refrain from doing so without first consulting with an attorney. Casinos have deep pockets and will try and convince you to sign binding documents to limit their liability in regards to your injury. If you are an employee, simply state that you will review the documents following your medical exam.
Premises Liability Issues in Casino Accidents
As a casino patron, if you want to obtain compensation for any bodily damages arising from a casino injury, you must prove the casino acted in a negligent manner towards you. When a patron suffers an injury in a business, premise liability issues will arise.
Casino property owners have a responsibility to maintain their business premises in a reasonable and safe condition. Property owners must also warn of any potential dangers and repair any serious condition must prove the following:
- The property owner should have known about the dangerous condition that caused your injury through reasonable care;
- The property owner was negligent for not repairing the dangerous condition; and
- The dangerous condition caused your injury to occur.
You must obtain sufficient evidence to prevail in a premise liability claim. Contact an experienced casino injury attorney for help in filing a claim. An experienced attorney can review your claim and provide you with an estimate of damages you may receive.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits for Casino Employees
As a casino employee, if you are injured while at work, you must file a workers’ compensation claim to obtain compensation for your injury. Depending on the nature of your injury, you may receive workers’ compensation benefits. You will have a limited amount of time to file your claim. Immediately report the injury to your employer. Once again, do not sign any documentation your employer provides to you without first consulting an attorney.
You may be able to settle your workers’ compensation claim with your employer. In the event your employer’s insurance company provides you with an unreasonable settlement offer, you can file a claim with the state workers’ compensation agency for a determination. A judge will review your claim and provide an award amount for compensation. Workers’ compensation includes temporary and permanent claim amounts paid on a weekly basis. Contact us for more information about the workers’ compensation benefits you may be entitled to.
Why You Need a Casino Injury Attorney
As mentioned above, casinos have deep pockets and extensive resources to defend injury claims. It is important to hire an experienced casino injury attorney to protect your best interest. The casino staff may seem warm and friendly but they do not have your best interest at heart. A casino injury attorney such as myself, will fight to make sure you get the compensation you need to cover your current and future medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering arising from the accident. Contact us for a consultation.
Why You Need a Casino Workers’ Compensation Attorney
When you hire an experienced workers’ compensation casino attorney, you can count on the attorney to help you get the compensation you deserve. The casino’s insurance company may try and intimidate you into accepting a low-ball settlement. An experienced attorney will fight on your behalf and ensure you obtain reasonable compensation.
An experienced casino workers’ compensation attorney will provide you with an overview of your rights as an employee seeking workers’ compensation and how to proceed in the event your employer tries to pressure you in accepting an unfair settlement. Do not file a workers’ compensation claim against a casino without an attorney. You may leave money on the table. The insurance company will offer you the lowest amount possible to settle your claim. When you team up with an experienced attorney, you will receive quality legal advice on whether to accept or reject an unreasonable offer.
Benefits Awarded in Casino Accident Claims
Compensatory damages are awarded in casino accident claims. Such damages are awarded to make the plaintiff whole again. This includes compensation to cover current and future medical expenses, current and future lost wages, and household expenses. You may also be awarded general damages which provides compensation for pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of consortium or companionship. Contact our law office today for a consultation. We can discuss your injury and provide you with legal guidance and advice on how to obtain compensation for your injury. We can help you file an injury claim against casinos such as the following:
- Caesars Casino & Entertainment
- Penn National Gaming
- MGM Resorts
- Boyd Gaming
- Station Casinos
- SJM Holdings Limited
- Pinnacle Entertainment
- Great Canadian Gaming Corporation
- Las Vegas Sands Corporation
- Hard Rock Casinos
- Galaxy Entertainment Group
- Seneca Gaming
- Wynn Resorts
Contact Our Casino Injury Attorneys
Please do not hesitate to contact our casino accident lawyers for a free consultation. Whether you were injured as a patron or while working we are here to help. We charge no legal fees of any kind if we do not recover for you.